Wed, Aug 07|
Go All Creative - Utah Educators
WHAT 21ST CENTURY SKILLS & COMPETENCY-BASED LEARNING LOOK LIKE IN THE REAL WORLD AND HOW TO DEVELOP THEM IN SCHOOLS. Useful for taking action on the Utah State Legislature’s Competency-based Learning Amendment (Title 53F-5-5: Competency-based Education Grants Program).
Time & Location
Aug 07, 2019, 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM
About the Event
COMPETENCY-BASED EDUCATION (CBE) REQUIRES THAT STUDENTS DEMONSTRATE COMPETENCY OF CONCEPT AND SKILLS REGARDLESS OF TIME, PLACE OR PACE. EVERYONE CAN LEARN FROM REAL-WORLD SUPER CREATIVES ABOUT HOW THEY MANAGE THEIR OWN PROCESS OF LEARNING AND DOING WORLD-CLASS WORK THAT ARE THE SAME SKILLS NEEDED FOR CBE.
We invite you to join a special live webinar with Ted Fujimoto, education innovator and school designer, and Leigh Faith, film and television actress and producer, creators of Go All Creative EDU on their discoveries around creativity and innovation that emerged from spending hundreds of hours speaking with highly successful Oscar nominated and Grammy and BAFTA award-winning super creatives. Common themes emerged that show what 21st century skills look like in the real world. Ted and Leigh will share how to develop these skills in your school team and students.
SUPER CBE SKILLS:
- Iteration to create the best solutions
- Using mindfulness and managing your environment to optimize your
- mental and physical well-being
- Using calibration to achieve excellence
- Forming relationships that become foundational to success
- Brain science on intrinsic motivation and creativity
- Learn simple, easy to implement protocols for team meetings and the classroom that will unlock creativity and increase engagement
- Leveraging curiosity to rewire the brain